- Food Studies 12
- In this course you will learn:
- To utilize FOODSAFE knowledge in food preparation
- To develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to use a variety of techniques to prepare nutritious, tasty, and attractive foods in a timely and cost-effective manner
- To access information and support relevant to foods and nutrition topics and apply the principles of nutrition to their own food preparation
- To understand global issues related to food production and consumption and how they impact food choices
This course is made up of units. Each unit has a number of lessons and quizzes and 10 cooking and baking labs. The following units are covered in the course:
- Foundation for the Course
- Kitchen Sanitation
- Begin with Baking
- A Changing World
- Healthy Eating Habits
- Food Guide
- Meal Planning
40% Lab Work Marks for the 10 baking and cooking labs are based on planning, organization, food preparation techniques, product, self-evaluation, and clean up.
40% Assignments Students are given a lesson at the beginning of each module and assignments generally follow the lesson.
10% Tests There are a variety of quizzes throughout the course: multiple choice, matching, short answer, and essay.